Batam Trip to Harbour Bay 2017

Been like month and months since i touch my blog at all. Coming to age 28 wasn't an easy one. As you grow older, there are so much more other things in life which are important. The priorities in life is set differently when one grows old.

I am not alone, not when i am married. Families bonding seems so much precious than i felt before.

Alright,shall sum up my activities for November.

November

In the month of November, my sis suggested an impromptu trip to Batam. I thought that it was an appropriate one as it was about time for me to take a short getaway over the weekend with love and my close ones. I got so stressed up with work and i thought that a short get away would help me loosen my mind. 

My sis family first trip to Batam

The kids first ride on the ferry

We booked a stay at Batam Harbour Hotel at the price of $75 per night from Agoda. It was cheap considering my sis and her family had a room while me, love and my bro shared a room. Their single bed was big enough to accommodate 2 adults.  What i like about this hotel was that they are situated just 3 minutes walk away from Harbour Bay Ferry Terminal and walking distance to the Seafood restaurants. It is not hard to find them at all. 

Harbour Bay Ferry Terminal

Their bed is sooo comfortable.

They also provide free transport to Nagoya Hill/ BSC shopping at a fix timing daily. We saved a lot on transport as the taxi fare in Batam is not that cheap. The reception is Chinese and therefore we have no problem speaking to them. The hotel does provide breakfast and room service. But what you need to look out for is their massage. Never leave Batam without going to a good body /foot massage. Their price were like $12 for 1 hour foot massage? Just cannot miss it.

After we put our things down in the hotel room, we left for Nagoya Hill. They had free transport back as well. We roamed around the shopping mall. It was still the same since me and love last went there. As all Singaporeans do, we headed for the A&W immediately after we alighted from the bus. It was morning so the crowd was not too bad. The food was so-so. If it was not for the "brand", we wouldn't be having our lunch there. The rest of the restaurants serve good foods too.

The men holding the young one

I couldn't take much photos as me and love were like running around with the kids. It is not easy to handle and bring out 2 young kids, much less to say my sis and brother-in-law. You needed more than just a pair of hands to keep them safe. At night, i suggested seafood as i last remember the food there was delicious and cheap. But on that very night, i wasn't feeling too well and had totally lost my appetite for any foods! I was holding tightly to the plastic bag (lucky dear has one in his bag) and vomiting like a merlion in front of all diners. Not sure what i had in the day but it definitely made me sad as i couldn't have any of the foods (which i had been waiting for in this trip!) 

Dinner was unbelievably fast and we wrapped up a day at 9pm Batam time. I went back to hotel, bathe and slept at  9.30pm. Unbelievably fast too. I totally shock my love as I was not a fast sleeper and that i slept so early. 

Morning was nice and quiet. I had breakfast at 8am with my sis as that was the only time she was able to have a peace of mind. The 2 monsters are still asleep but not long after her peace has ended. Then again, we went back to Nagoya Hill as there was really nothing around the hotel. We bought some kueh lapis at Nagoya Hill again before picking up our luggage and walked back to Ferry Terminal. The ferry arrived at 7pm and all of us were back safely at around 9pm SG time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment