Some Updates~~

Been 3 months into my new job but i am still missing my colleagues from my previous job. Initially, I had been dreaming to get my first job to be in a MNC 3 years ago when I had just graduated. Being so fresh and innocent, I felt that it would be my world, I would work hard to climb the corporate ladder, to work diligently, OT almost everyday, frequent pubs with colleagues after a hard day work, just like those TV drama usually show. But all these never came true. I value my free time with my family and friends and everyday I am looking forward to end a day's work.

Some of the difference I had working in a SMC and MNC:

  • Perhaps I started out in a new setup company, all my colleagues are young and energetic. I get to talk to my top boss everyday and there is no strong hierarchy inside office. We go out lunch almost everyday and all of us sat on a same table with my big boss. Well... there's only like less than 10 of us running the operation. I have no problems chatting with my colleagues because we belong to the same age group.
  • In my current company, it is a well-established company with headquarter stationed in the US. I had never talked to my GM since the first day i stepped into the office and there are a proper approaching style from supervisor to manager to director. My managers are supervisor are very nice bunch of people but we would never sit on the same table with them for meal. Its implicit yet obvious observation. 
  • In previous company, I admit that we can talk some nonsense with my big boss but in a MNC, it is no monkey business. They have a booklet for employee for rules and regulations and clear job scope for everyone. If this part of the job doesn't belong to you, you direct to another department to do it. In my ex company, we could cross job easily and that's where I learnt many things. In an MNC, they would pay you better but most likely, you will be repeating your stuffs everyday and everyday.
I am really getting used to my new job and 8-5 seems to be the thing for me right now as I could pursue my passion and returning me my free time. I had been attending 3 lessons of manicure since the start of this month and I have another 4 more to go. Taking to learn the skill is something that was so out of reach last time as I am one who possess 3 minute interest. I am really grateful that people around me are supportive (I must have been harping on it since ages ago). Shall continue to practice on it and hopefully, I can be a manicurist one day.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Last Friday, I took a half day leave for the first time on my new job. Everyone was on the holiday mood as it was considered to be a long weekend. After 12pm, Xiong fetched me from work and we went to The Cathay to catch The Maze Runner. It was an action movie and it kept me awake throughout the screening. All the time you can see them running here and there, back and forth. Well, its called The Maze RUNNER for a reason ya. And towards the end, you know that it was not over. Let's just wait for the last part for the movie.

After the movie, we didn't know where to go and nothing seems to come up of our minds. We didn't want to go outside as the haze was really bad. In the end, love drove to Safra at Toa Payoh to have a good sing. The price for happy hour 2pm to 7pm was only at $16 nett per guest and $13 for Kbox member. If you are a Safra member, you will be entitled to 10% discount. We lazed around in the room, showing off our singing skills and serving ourselves free flow of drinks. It was a good 2 hours.

Pardon for the blurred picture

After the singing session, we went to queue for food at Punggol Nasi Lemak. It is the most expensive Nasi Lemak you can find in coffee shop and it costs us $10+ for 2 packet of Nasi Lemak. After which, we ended our day, eating our rice on my cosy sofa.

No comments:

Post a Comment