My Chinese New Year for 2015

Happy Chinese New Year! Wishing all of you have good career, wealth and health in the year of Goat! As Chinese New Year falls on Thursday, my holiday starts on Wednesday where our company declared an official off day on the Eve. It was indeed a long weekend but happy things doesn't last long. Recap our happy activities over the holiday season.

Last Monday, I attended Xiong's family reunion dinner at MooMoo Mookata at Changi. It was quite inaccessible unless you have a car but the place was really cool as we had mookata in a tent.

Look at the background ! How beautiful the place is.

Oh, such bad quality photos. 

Linda and I went to Fairprice at Whitesands to buy some lou hei ingredients. I never knew that the ingredients were sold separately, neither did i know we are able to buy ready-pack veggies. The whole lou hei ingredients (good quality salmon, veggie, crackers, etc) cost a total of $37. Back at Xiong's house, we arranged the ingredients accordingly but the crackers covered the whole plate in the end. Therefore, we could see nothing of the lou hei except the peanuts and crackers -.-

Steamboat after lou hei~~

The food and service were good as there's many people around. Once a while we can see low flying airplane. The food were not good but i felt the one at Golden Mile is better. However, it is a good place for family/friends gathering if you want a private space. 


On Chinese New Year Eve, our company declared an official off day and all of us were able to gather with our family. Every year, my uncles and their family will visit us on the Eve for reunion dinner! It was always a short gathering and late into the night, i would always prepare the fruits and fa cake for prayer. But something different this year was that Love was staying my house for the night. *Happy*

On Day 1, love had work in the morning. Well, in the midst of holiday, someone has to protect our country right? In afternoon, i waited for his return before we went to my aunty's house.


In my 20 years, this is the first time i stepped out of my home for Chinese New Year Day 1. Every year, our family will always stay home to help out serving food to the rest and cleaning up the house after they left. We had to prepare all sort of foods, from fresh vegetables to raw food, replenishing the soup as and when, taking out table and chairs etc. It wasn't easy to be the host every year, catering food for a big family. And for the first time in life we had dinner outside our house. Definitely appreciate my aunty and uncle who were willing to host the steamboat in their house this year.!

My uncle's house is huge enough to take a family selfie!

It has been a tradition to visit my Grandma's house at Toa Payoh on Day 2. All of our cousins will visit her cosy 3 room flat. It used to be very spacious (of course when i was little) but our family grew to 4 generations that we had to even occupy the room (with little walking space).

A shot with my love. 

Some of my cousins are missing.

At night, Xiong's brother came to find us and off we go to Chervon to sing~~

Me, love, his brother and sister in law~~

Day 3, we went to Pengerang, Xiong's mum hometown. His brother, Ah Qiang, came to pick us up and he drove 3 hours over to Pengerang. It was an impromptu activity but it was definitely a fun outing. I shall blog about it in my next post~~

Some NG!

My big red packet. See her legs, remind us of pigs trotters.

Testing my camera before the selfie.

My aunty's hair, NG~~

Ah po don't know where to look

My cousin bombard the photo.

We have left dimple!

Alright, signing off here ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment